Monday, January 6, 2025

My little Ellie girl (originally published on 7/12/2015)

There's things I want to remember:

how you love your stuffies so much. At first it was just Lamby. He was the end all be all. But you've since moved on to spread your love to the other ones. Then it was Puff, the big pink bunny that the Easter bunny gave you. Now it's Berry, the perfect teddy bear that I bought you for your birthday.

You love scooting around the house. Just now you scooted past me in a homemade crown.

When you sneeze you always say "Bless you!" instead of "excuse me"
You love Curious George

The other day you wrote me a note that said "Come to my ofis wite now". Should I tell you that wite is actually right? Nah, I'll save it for another day.

You are really particular about your hair. You sort of freak out every time I put ponytails in, wanting them tighter, or higher, so we usually just don't put anything in. You recently INSISTED on getting your hair cut short. You absolutely love it now.

You hate hiking. We, your parents, love it. So we tell you that we are "walking". (which is most definitely not a lie). I will tell you that just a couple weeks ago you hiked 4.4 miles with your mama to a place called Interlaken on the Colorado trail. It was kind of hard, I had to carry you some of the way, but I was MIGHTY proud of you!

You make up silly songs. This is one of my favorite things that you do. They are clever and sweet and fun and you are just adorable. Man do I love you!

No comments: